Food is there simply to nourish us. To supply the energy and nutrients to keep our body in prime condition and functioning as nature intended. In today’s age, there are so many large companies out there trying to make a quick dollar by using fake foods/ingredients over natural ones. If you think about the word nutrient, it basically means something that in the absence of will cause disease, sickness or death. So here are my ten commandments for food that I think we all should follow regardless of who or what you are.
- Thou shalt not eat foods that contain more than 5 different ingredients. Unless those ingredients are all natural and taste amazing together.
- Thou shalt not eat foods that contain ingredients that you can not pronounce. There are a few exceptions to this, but only at times where you know exactly what that thing is and it’s a natural ingredient.
- Thou shalt not eat foods where the ingredients are listed as numbers. Numbers are generally just chemical substitutes there to make things taste good or stimulate your appetite so you want more of it.
- Thou shalt not eat foods that contain the ingredient “flavours”. By law, these flavours can be anything and are not required to be listed or described. They are just chemicals that have the desired taste of something. Even “nature identical flavours” are flavours that taste just like the real thing. Why not just eat the real thing instead?
- Thou shalt not eat foods that are passed through your car window. Food chains that offer drive through service are not selling real food. They are so highly processed and cheaply made that they are barely a food. If you really want a hamburger, head to the local hamburger shop. At least it will taste like a real burger and the money doesn’t go to a multi billion dollar corporation.
- Thou shalt not eat low fat foods. If a food has had the fat removed from it when it normally contains fat, it has been changed from its original form and quite often has something else added to make it taste good which is normally sugar or flavours.
- Thou shalt not eat foods where sugar is one of the first ingredients. I’m sure I don’t have to explain that on ingredients list that the first foods on the list are the most predominant. If you must have something with sugar in it, make sure it’s way down the list.
- Thou shalt not eat organic confectionary. So often you see junk food listed as organic because it contains organic sugar. Sugar is sugar whether it’s organic or not.
- Thou shalt not eat foods that do not go off. Especially when they are left out in the open for months and still look the same as the day you bought it. Think the buns from a certain food franchise. Foods like honey and coconut oil are naturally anti bacterial, so these are the exception.
- Thou shalt eat foods as Mother Nature intended. Foods that aren’t corrupted by large corporations. The best place to get these type of foods is at Farmers Markets where you are supporting local industry and getting it freshly picked. You may not save any money this way, but have you ever compared a vegetable that has been freshly picked to one bought from a large supermarket chain. There is a big difference, especially after it has been in the fridge for a few days.